In case you have any questions or remarks in this regard, please contact our customer service via the contact menu of our website or via the contact details under sections 11 or 16 below.
“hsbcad” or “We”: hsbcad BVBA, a company incorporated under Belgian law, having its registered offices at Brouwerijstraat 1 b9, 9031 Ghent, Belgium and with company number 0475.468.363 ;
“User(s)”:(a) user(s) of the Website or application, jointly or individually depending on the context, or, as the case may be, a licensee or (a) User(s) of hsbCAD’s products or services;
“Personal Data”: any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
“Affiliated Company”: a company that is part of the hsb Group and connected to hsbcad, for example their subsidiary companies.
2. Which personal data do we collect ?
On certain pages of its Website or applications, hsbcad will collect Personal Data about you. The data which hsbcad collects is data such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, curriculum vitae, website, financial details, username, password and gender but also your IP-address, browser type, internet service provider, device identifier, time zone settings, browser plug-in types and versions, as well as information collected from third parties (KBO register, Belgian State Gazette and other public websites and social media).
hsbcad further collects, stores and uses information about your visits to our Website and applications.
We do not generally collect sensitive personal data. Sensitive personal data includes personal data revealing a person’s racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, or data concerning health. If we do collect sensitive or special personal data, we will ask for your explicit consent to our proposed use of that information at the time of collection.
3. The confidentiality of your personal data
hsbcad takes the protection of your personal data very seriously and has adopted adequate measures to protect your Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, Personal Data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed
hsbcad optimizes the security of your Personal Data by i.a. using encryption, firewalls and password protection, requesting contractual guaranties from third parties, and limiting the access to your Personal data (e.g. by only giving access to the data to hsbcad employees who need those data for the Purposes as described below).
Where data processing is carried out on our behalf by a third party, we have taken the necessary steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are in place to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of your Personal Data.
Where you are asked to register as a User, hsbcad invites you to help securing your Personal data by avoiding the use of obvious passwords and/or user ID’s, by changing your password regularly and by making sure you do not share your username, password or other details with others or store them in an insecure way.
All Personal Data you provide to hsbcad are stored on secure servers. In addition, hsbcad and its service providers will always do their utmost to protect your Personal Data. However, the transmission of information via the internet can never be completely secure and the provision of Personal Data remains at your own risk at all times.
In the event of a data breach, hsbcad has put in place procedures to deal with a suspected breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where required to do so.
If you would have the impression that your Personal Data is not adequately protected or if there are indications of abuse, please contact hsbcad via firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. How do we collect and retain your Personal data?
If you wish to use an area of the Website requiring registration or, as the case may be, of an application or forum, you will be asked to fill in the relevant information. In this case, hsbcad makes clear that it will only give you full access to the Website, application or forum area after submission of the requested information and acceptance of the relevant policies and terms and conditions.
In addition, hsbcad may collect your Personal Data when you:
- create an online account as a User;
- place an order or request;
- subscribe to a newsletter;
- participate in a competition, tombola or other promotion;
- respond to questionnaires;
- file a complaint or ask for information;
- communicate with hsbcad by email, telephone or any other means.
hsbcad may combine Personal Data collected via the Website, application or forum with Personal Data provided to hsbcad in another way. It may retain these data in a single combined database or in several distinct databases. hsbcad shall avoid collecting Personal Data that are not relevant for the purposes as set out below and shall not retain the data longer than necessary for those purposes or, as the case may be, for the period as determined in an agreement or by law.
5. For what purposes do we use your Personal data ?
hsbcad may use the Personal Data it collects for the following purposes (“the Purposes”):
- legal basis for the processing (e.g. tax and accounting purposes, money laundering checks, etc.);
- registering you as a User on the Website, application or forum and running the Website or application services (including the processing of queries or requests for information concerning hsbcad and its services) as well as to allow you to efficiently use those services (e.g. blogs, forums and discussion pages);
- ensuring that the Website’s content is presented to you in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- processing requests or orders placed via the Website;
- processing and handling complaints or requests;
- researching and analyzing the market as well as hsbcad’s customers, products and services (e.g. by asking your opinion on hsbcad’s products and services or by asking you to complete a survey or questionnaire);
- helping hsbcad in evaluating, correcting and improving its services;
- internal filing;
- marketing, including providing you with information that you requested from hsbcad or which hsbcad feels may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes (see section below on direct marketing);
- organizing contests, competitions and/or other promotional activities;
- recruitment (if you have provided information to hsbcad in this regard); and
- notifying you about certain changes to hsbcad’s services.
All above-mentioned considerations apply to the use of your Personal Data by an Affiliated Company for the Purposes.
In case of reliance on legitimate interests, hsbcad will carry out a balancing test to ensure that your interests, rights and freedoms do not override our legitimate interests.
hsbcad will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you in a timely manner and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
6. To whom do we disclose your Personal data?
hsbcad will not provide your Personal Data to third parties without your permission, except:
- to Affiliated Companies;
- when such disclosure is necessary to permit hsbcad employees, agents, subcontractors, suppliers or commercial partners to provide a service or accomplish a task in the name of hsbcad (including providing marketing support, accomplishing market research or providing customer services), to manage your membership or license, to deliver existing or future products or services or for participation in contests, competitions and/or other promotional activities;
- to hsbcad’s professional advisors;
- to the buyer or potential buyer of hsbcad’s rights and duties related to the Website;
- if such disclosure is necessary in order to protect legitimate interests of hsbcad, its customers, or if it is required or permitted by law.
As a User, you acknowledge that all information you provide using a tool that makes information visible to other persons (e.g. blogs, forums and discussion pages), will be made public by this tool. It is important to keep this in mind and use common sense and precaution when providing information via such tools.
Every disclosure by hsbcad of your Personal Data to a carefully selected third party or to one of the third parties mentioned in the list above is always made in accordance with applicable privacy laws. hsbcad warrants that stipulations are foreseen to make sure that third parties cannot use your personal data for other purposes than and according to the Purposes, and that these third parties have taken the necessary security measures. As the case may be, hsbcad has concluded data processing agreements with these third party processors to safeguard the protection of your personal data.
If and when you would be using secure online payment pages, your payment will be processed by a third-party payment processor, who specializes in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. If you have any questions regarding secure transactions, please contact us.
7. Automated Decision-making
hsbcad does not engage in automated decision-making that could have considerable consequences to persons. This entails decisions that are being taken by computer programs or systems, without intervention of a natural person (e.g. a collaborator of hsbcad).
8. How long do we keep your Personal Data?
hsbcad will not keep your Personal Data for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and processed.
The criteria we use for retaining different types of Personal Data, include the following:
– legal and regulatory requirements: we will retain the information for as long as legally required (e.g. accounting regulations);
– general queries: we will retain your information for as long as necessary to respond to your queries. Subsequently, we will retain the information for one year after the last contact;
– direct marketing: Information based on direct marketing purposes will not be retained for more than one year after the last active contact.
9. Data Protection Principles
hsbcad adheres to the following principles when processing your Personal Data:
Lawfulness, fairness and transparency: data must be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
Purpose limitation: data must be collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes.
Data minimisation: data must be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
Accuracy: data must be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
Storage limitation: data must be kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed.
Integrity and confidentiality: data must be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage by using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
10. Direct Marketing
On registration pages or elsewhere on the Website or application concerned, you may be asked to indicate whether you wish to receive certain information by email and/or mail. If you do so, you thereby agree that hsbcad may use your Personal Data to provide you with information about its products, promotional activities and special offers as well as with any other information about products or services of hsbcad or Affiliated Companies that could be of interest to you according to hsbcad. Even if you have not indicated such preference but you are an existing customer of hsbcad, we may contact you by email or mail with information, but only about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale to you.
At any given time, you may change your preferences regarding Direct Marketing by using the opt-out option contained in every direct marketing mailing or, if you are a User, by adapting your account. If you do this, hsbc will not delete your Personal Data from their database(s), but will note your changed preferences as soon as reasonably possible.
11. User rights with regard to Personal data
You have the right:
- to access your personal data and to be informed about its use
- to correct your personal data
- to have your personal data deleted
- to restrict the use of your personal data
- to be forgotten
- to object to the use of your personal data
- to complain to a supervisory authority
- to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data
- to ask for the portability of the personal data you shared with us
Users whose Personal Data are being processed are indeed entitled to request access to these data and, if the data would be incorrect, incomplete, unnecessary or outdated, have these data corrected or completed. hsbcad kindly asks you to help to make sure that the Personal Data in its records are as accurate and up-to-date as possible. If you believe that the Personal Data submitted to hsbcad is incorrect or incomplete, please notify customer service as described below. hsbcad will correct or adapt your Personal Data as soon as possible. Users having registered via the Website or application may also adapt their Personal data themselves in their accounts at all times.
If permitted by law, hsbcad may charge a small compensation for this service.
If you wish to exercise any of the above-mentioned rights, please notify hsbcad’s customer service, located at hsbcad’s registered offices (see below at the end), or send an email to email@example.com.
The Website or applications may contain links to or from other websites or applications which are not controlled by hsbcad. hsbcad is not responsible for the protection or confidentiality of any data you may submit on such other websites. Before submitting information on such sites, we recommend that you read their privacy and other statements in that regard.
13. Complaint with a Supervisory Authority
You have the right to make a complaint at any time with a supervisory authority.
The supervisory authority in BELGIUM can be contacted at:
Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussel
+32 (0)2 274 48 00
+32 (0)2 274 48 35
hsbcad is constantly seeking to improve the experience of its Users. That is why, for certain sections of the Website, cookies are used.
Cookies are small text files that your browser installs on your computer and that enable the Website to recognize you upon your next visit. With the help of cookies, hsbcad can identify the most popular sections of the Website, since they allow hsbcad to know which pages Users visit and how much time they spend browsing them. On the basis of these aggregated data, hsbcad can adjust the Website to better reflect User requirements and to offer a more customer-oriented experience. Thanks to cookies, hsbcad can for example make sure that the information that appears on your screen during the next visit to the Website is tuned in to your preferences as a User.
The Website, as well as certain notifications such as promotional e-mail messages, may contain web beacons. These are tiny images or objects embedded in a web page or email and are usually invisible to the User, but allow hsbcad to verify whether a User has viewed the page or email in question. Web beacons generally function in combination with cookies and hsbcad uses the two in the same manner.
Individuals under the age of 18 should not provide us with their Personal data without the consent and supervision of their parent or guardian. Without such permission, hsbcad does not wish to save Personal data from such individuals, nor process or forward such data to any third parties.
16. Applicable law
Brouwerijstraat 1 b9,
9031 Ghent, Belgium